Summer Mission Site Director (Paid Internship)
Are you needing an internship credit this summer AND wanting to do something meaningful in Christian ministry?
We know that for many college and grad students sometimes there can feel like a tension between wanting to use the summer to prepare them for their future career or serving on Christ-centered mission trips or projects. So, with YouthWorks Summer Staff positions, we hope to help you accomplish both…and we’ll pay you in the process!
For nearly 30 years, YouthWorks has helped Christian young adults like you gain mission experience and develop their skills by hiring them to facilitate Christ-centered mission trips for teenagers. It’s not easy but the work is meaningful. God uses it to make a lasting impact in communities across the US and change the lives of teenagers. Because of the impact they make, our Summer Staff alumni tend to return summer after summer, and enter the mission field, ministry, and marketplace better equipped and with life-long friendships.
Previous summer staff have received internship credit or relevant work experience fulfilling this role from the following majors: Christian Ministries, Theology, Youth Ministry, Communications, Business, Leadership Studies, and more.
YouthWorks Summer Staff positions create unique opportunities for you to…
- Gain dynamic professional skills & ministry experience.
- Be developed though training, supervision, and evaluation.
- Collaborate with a team of three leaders at your site.
- Get Paid! (…unlike many internships)
Each YouthWorks mission site has 3 staff members – 2 Coordinators and 1 Director.
- Facilitate respectful mission trip experiences while providing authentic leadership.
- Manage and participate in the overall operations and programming of a site, including meal preparation, behind-the-scenes tasks and large group programming.
- Supervise, encourage and coach a minimum of two Site Coordinators.
- Provide leadership for Adult Leaders and help them process their mission week.
- Develop meaningful relationships as they act as a liaison between YouthWorks and the community.
- Oversee finances with integrity and maintain the overall spiritual focus of the mission site.
- Play an important role in connecting teenagers to God, each other and communities.
Talk with your academic advisor to see if these activities would qualify for your specific internship requirements.
- College graduate or must have at least four years of post-high school experience*
- Actively pursuing a relationship with Christ
- Desire to serve the Church
- Able to relate to youth
- Model servant leadership
- Have a teachable spirit
- Previous leadership experience
- Ability to lead a team
- Management experience/ability
- Must meet our driving requirements of being 20 years of age or older during YouthWorks summer dates and have a valid U.S. driver’s license
- Previous YW summer staff experience is helpful but not required
*Alumni who meet all other qualifications other than college graduate or four years post-high school may be considered for a Site Director position.
- $4,500 + $1,000 Signing Bonus + YouthWorks covers the cost of food, housing, and work related on transportation
- $150 Bonus for qualified guitar, piano, or ukulele players who help facilitate worship on site*
- Need an internship to fulfill a major/program requirement? The YouthWorks Summer Staff role may be eligible to fulfill that--AND you still get paid!
Dates of Employment:
- The dates for summer employment are May 17th-August 2nd, 2023 (Limited half summer terms may also be available).
- Staff must reside in assigned community for the duration of the summer. YouthWorks will provides housing, food, and transportation costs while on site.
To Apply, please visit YouthWorks.Com/Summer-Staff