Life Scientist/Physical Scientist (Enforcement Officer/Inspector) - R7
This position is in Region 7, Enforcement and Compliance Assurance Division. About Region 7: Region 7 Website
This is an office-centered position--you must physically report to the duty station stated in this announcement on a regular basis. Partial work-from-home flexibilities may be authorized.
At the entry level of this position, you will:
- Conduct inspections and investigations of regulated facilities for compliance with applicable regulations, permits, or other federal requirements
- Provide technical advice and information on analytical methods, sampling techniques, etc., related to specific program areas, functions, or activities
- Serve as a technical resource in the development, negotiation, and litigation of both civil and criminal enforcement matters
- Plan, conduct, and/or provide regulatory technical assistance to complex field sampling and analytical services, facility inspections and audits
- Provide assistance to customers on the technical aspects of EPA laws and regulations
When entering a Federal job at a grade level lower than the highest promotion potential level, you may be promoted to more complex duties and work more independently, as your career progresses. NOTE: Career ladder promotions are not automatic, and all eligibility and qualifications requirements must be met in order to progress to the next grade level.
You will spend less than 25% of your work time on contracts, grants/cooperative agreements, and/or interagency agreements.
One or more positions may be filled (in the organization advertised and/or in other organizations), if appropriate to the position.