Associate Governmental Program Analyst (JC 361844)
To be considered for this position, you must apply at CalCareers.ca.gov. To apply you must first, create a CalCareers account. Once your account is created you can search 361844 to locate the job posting and apply.
Note: This position will no longer be available on CalCareers after the job closes on 03/30/2023. No applications will be accepted after the job closing date.
Positions at the Water Boards may be eligible for telework with in-person attendance based on the operational needs of the position. Due to the COVID-19 public health emergency, applying electronically is highly encouraged.
The State Water Resources Control Board has an opening for an Associate Governmental Program Analyst position in the Office of Public Participation. The position is located at 1001 I Street, Sacramento, right in the heart of downtown next to light rail stations and other public transportation.
This position reports to the Office of Public Participation Program Manager. The position will provide administrative and logistical support to ensure the smooth operation of the office and the implementation of successful outreach and engagement activities.
The Office of Public Participation ensures Water Boards decision-making processes involve the public and uplift the voices of environmental justice communities and California Native American tribes. The Office of Public Participation achieves this by designing and implementing effective stakeholder involvement processes, providing resources for language access, assisting in public outreach, facilitating meetings, offering capacity building opportunities, and coordinating government-to-government consultations.
- Provide administrative, analytical, and public participation assistance on a variety of water resources issues
- Works with the office leadership to design, develop, implement, and train staff to use an office filing and organizational system, an office workflow management system, a constituent relationship management system, data management system, and tracking and reporting procedures
- Provide administrative support to senior staff such as: calendar scheduling, notetaking, filing, office systems support, deadline tracking, etc.
- Support logistics related to meeting/workshop/event planning, implementation, and follow-up
- Recommend improvements to office and program processes
- Respond to public inquiries in a professional and timely manner
- Maintain, improve, and expand a statewide database of external contacts
- Maintain data and tracking databases and assist with development of quarterly and annual reports
- Develop plain-language public communications materials
- Work collaboratively with team members on innovative programs and complex projects to address California’s drinking water needs, advance racial and environmental justice, support community capacity building, and strengthen partnerships with California Native American tribes
Candidates must possess essential personal qualifications including integrity, initiative, dependability, good judgment, the ability to work cooperatively with others, and the ability to perform the assigned duties of the class.
If the position requires driving, you must possess a current and valid driver’s license. Please Do Not include full Social Security Number, method of eligibility, and LEAP information in your application package.
Salary information – CalHR salary rules allow appointment at the entrance rate (Cal. Code Regs., tit. 2, § 599.673) of a classification. For classes with alternate ranges, placement is based on education/experience.
Please take a moment to fill out the State Water Resources Control Board's Recruitment Survey. State Water Resources Control Board's Recruitment Survey (office.com)
You will find additional information about the job in the Duty Statement.