Ad Sales Associate Program (Universal City, CA)
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
** This application will close on March 26th 11:59PM EST / 8:59PM PST **
The NBCUniversal Advertising Sales business has been united as one, seamless portfolio with a powerful ability to amplify an advertiser’s message and reach the right consumer in precise, targeted ways. With two broadcast networks (English and Spanish language), 17 cable properties and more than 50 digital properties, advertisers can build ideas around their brands that leverage our unparalleled range and diversity of networks, channels, and digital platforms.
The NBCUniversal Ad Sales Associates program is a one-year, early-career rotational program for recent graduates who are interested in careers in Sales, Marketing, Research, and Strategy. Associates will rotate through key areas of the business, gaining hands-on experience, building relationships, and making an impact from day one. The program also offers ongoing training and development meant to prepare Associates for staff positions within Ad Sales at the end of the program.
We are now accepting applications for our 2023 cohort, expected to begin in person on July 17, 2023.
- Ad Sales Associates will gain real-world on experience, focusing on research, media-buying, presentation, networking, negotiating, client development, marketing, and advertising skills, while increasing business acumen and knowledge of the Media and Advertising Sales industry.
- Ad Sales Associates will participate in a formal orientation and systems training, along with on-the-job training, mentorship, professional development workshops and ongoing discussions about performance and career pathing.
- Ad Sales Associates will rotate between two different departments, participate in meetings, and provide business and project management support.
- Assignments include:
- TV and Digital Account Management
- Account Services
- Global Partnerships
- Integrated Marketing
- Client Partnerships
- Research & Insights
- Ad Sales Associates have the unique opportunity to rotate across our vast portfolio of brands which include Entertainment, Lifestyle, News, Sports, and Hispanic.
- At the conclusion of the second rotation, Ad Sales Associates will be tasked with completing a month-long assignment which will be presented to Executive Leadership.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent Experience
- At least two past media internships
- Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Must be willing to work in Los Angeles, CA
- Must have unrestricted work authorization in the U.S.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Demonstrates ability to work in fast-paced environments and handle multiple projects at once.
- Demonstrates initiative and a proactive approach to problem solving.
- Demonstrates strong verbal and written communications skills and ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrates an interest in Sales, Marketing, Research, and Strategy.
Salary Range: $45,000-$50,000
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.