Power BI Developer Intern
Endeavour has an exciting opportunity for a Power BI Developer Intern to take part in our Summer Internship Program.
The Power BI Developer Intern is a vital member of Endeavour's Platform Team and sustainable infrastructure business unit, Edged Energy. We are actively seeking an individual who can manage the development and implementation of scalable Power BI dashboards and reports. A successful candidate will be able to translate required KPIs into dynamic Power BI visuals that support monitoring project and facility health, from design through construction and operations, for Edged Energy’s global digital twin portfolio.
The Power BI Developer Intern needs to be agile, professional, and comfortable in a rapidly changing environment. The right person is trustworthy with confidential information, highly organized, self-motivated, has excellent communication skills, can think strategically, and works equally as well independently as with a team. Endeavour strives to maintain smooth operations. We achieve this by empowering our people, by providing autonomy and flexibility in the way we work, by developing a habit of constant, open communication, and by creating a culture of excellence, appreciation, trust, and respect.
Endeavour is the main hub—a self-sustaining incubation platform for innovation—within a larger ecosystem focused on sustainable infrastructure. It provides the space, time, and all necessary resources to take advanced technologies from ideation through development to launch. At Endeavour, we are highly selective about the people we bring on board because our ecosystem depends on it. Change happens quickly here, and we must be able to trust one another to be honest, communicative, strategic, reliable, and driven. We seek ultra-creatives and superstar performers with a sense of humility and a hunger to make positive change. Endeavour offers flexibility and endless growth opportunities to those who can harness their skills and talents and identify how and where to use them to add value. Growth at Endeavour means expanding outward, not upward, because there is no corporate ladder here to climb. Your path is in your hands, and Endeavour’s team is here to support you! At the heart of our ecosystem is a diverse group of bright, passionate, dedicated people, working together to make a real difference. Are you ready to join the journey?
- Evaluate datasets for consistency and accuracy.
- Design, build, verify, and deploy BI solutions & reporting tools.
- Use Power Query for data preparation and transformation.
- Manage dataflows and data mapping within Power BI to connect various data sources and effectively map datasets.
- Build Power BI Reports from specs provided by Platform Team leads.
- Collaborate with Marketing to implement styling guidelines into reports.
- Demonstrate competency in UI/UX principles by independently wireframing user interfaces for team feedback.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for Power BI and support knowledge transfer to organization and stakeholders.
- Develop architectures, frameworks, and BI platforms for reuse and scale.
Skills & Requirements
Education / Experience
- Pursuing an Undergraduate or Master’s degree in one of the following majors: Engineering, Architecture, Statistics, Data Science, Data Analytics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, or similar quantitative field.
- Experience with data visualization and BI analytics, specifically working with Power BI.
Specific Skills / Abilities
- Skilled in Power BI, Power Query, Data Analysis Expressions (DAX).
- Ability to interact and work with others on creative problem solving to find potential solutions.
- Autonomous, results-driven, fast learner.
- Ability to grasp business concepts rapidly.
- Knowledge and understanding of UI/UX in dashboard and report development.
- Prefer candidates with experience or working knowledge of construction and/or building operations.