Summer Ministry Position - Work Projects (HIRING IMMEDIATELY!)
Do you want to spend your summer making a real impact?
For nearly 30 years, YouthWorks has helped Christian college students like you gain mission experience and develop their skills by hiring them to facilitate Christ-centered mission trips for teenagers. It’s not easy but the work is meaningful. God uses it to make a lasting impact in communities across the US and change the lives of teenagers. Because of the impact they make, our Summer Staff alumni tend to return summer after summer, and enter the mission field, ministry, and marketplace better equipped and with life-long friendships.
As you live in a new community and serve alongside other college students for the summer, you will...
- Develop into a leader who can confidently lead small and large groups through service opportunities, engage others across generations, and delegate tasks
- Grow personally, professionally, and spiritually as you gain new skills and draw closer to God through all of the life-changing moments and challenges.
- Inspire others as you engage with teenagers, help them experience God in a whole new way, and make an impact in the community you serve
- Serve through respectful service that partners with communities in humility and friendship, as you lead teenagers and their youth leaders through a healthy mission trip experience.
Each YouthWorks mission site has 3 staff members. Every staff member performs the following tasks:
- Facilitate respectful mission trip experiences for teenagers and their Adult Leaders.
- Coordinate and provide leadership for daily service activities.
- Develop meaningful relationships as you act as a liaison between YouthWorks and the community.
- Promote an environment where youth connect their service to Jesus.
- Interact with students throughout the week.
- Lead daily large group programming with your team.
- Ensure that practical needs of your site are met by preparing meals, caring for housing facilities and other behind-the-scenes tasks.
Work Projects Coordinator Role:
Staff are hired into specific roles that focus on planning and facilitating service for groups. In addition to the overall tasks, Work Projects Coordinators will:
- Build meaningful relationships in a community while meeting tangible needs.
- Help youth engage in the community by leading work crews in painting, yard work and minor projects.
- YouthWorks will provide extensive training in partnering with community members, setting up and completing projects and managing crews throughout the day.
- Invite participants to come alongside the community to make a lasting impact.
We have a small number of sites where we do more advanced projects such as flooring and drywall. Please note on your application if you have experience in more elaborate home repair projects.
- Must be at least 20 years of age during YouthWorks summer dates and one year post-high school or equivalent
- Actively pursuing a relationship with Christ
- Desire to serve the Church
- Able to relate to youth
- Model servant leadership
- Have a teachable spirit
- Previous work project experience
- Able to teach skills to participants
- Interact with community members in a highly relational way
- Must meet our driving requirements of being 20 years of age or older during YouthWorks summer dates and have a valid U.S. driver’s license
- Starting at $3,000 + up to $750 Signing Bonus + YouthWorks covers the cost of food, housing, and work related on transportation
- Internship Credit available (for most universities)
- $150 Bonus for qualified guitar, piano, or ukulele players who help facilitate worship on site*
Dates of Employment:
- The dates for summer employment are May 19th-August 2nd, 2023 (Limited half summer terms may also be available).
- Staff must reside in assigned community for the duration of the summer. YouthWorks will provides housing, food, and transportation costs while on site.
To Apply, please visit YouthWorks.Com/Summer-Staff