Summer Ministry Position – Utility Site Coordinator
Do you want to spend your summer making a real impact?
For nearly 30 years, YouthWorks has helped Christian college students like you gain mission experience and develop their skills by hiring them to facilitate Christ-centered mission trips for teenagers. It’s not easy but the work is meaningful. God uses it to make a lasting impact in communities across the US and change the lives of teenagers. Because of the impact they make, our Summer Staff alumni tend to return summer after summer, and enter the mission field, ministry, and marketplace better equipped and with life-long friendships.
As you live in a new community and serve alongside other college students for the summer, you will...
- Develop into a leader who can confidently lead small and large groups through service opportunities, engage others across generations, and delegate tasks
- Grow personally, professionally, and spiritually as you gain new skills and draw closer to God through all of the life-changing moments and challenges.
- Inspire others as you engage with teenagers, help them experience God in a whole new way, and make an impact in the community you serve
- Serve through respectful service that partners with communities in humility and friendship, as you lead teenagers and their youth leaders through a healthy mission trip experience.
Each YouthWorks mission site has 3 staff members. Every staff member performs the following tasks:
- Facilitate respectful mission trip experiences for teenagers and their Adult Leaders.
- Coordinate and provide leadership for daily service activities.
- Develop meaningful relationships as you act as a liaison between YouthWorks and the community.
- Promote an environment where youth connect their service to Jesus.
- Interact with students throughout the week.
- Lead daily large group programming with your team.
- Ensure that practical needs of your site are met by preparing meals, caring for housing facilities and other behind-the-scenes tasks.
Utility Site Coordinator Role:
Staff are hired into specific roles that focus on planning and facilitating service for groups. In addition to the overall tasks, Utility Site Coordinators will:
- Utility Support Coordinators are equipped to take on multiple positions and to offer support and encouragement to staff teams.
- While serving in a variety of areas, they will coordinate daily service activities and see students impacted as they experience Christ through service.
- Staff must be flexible and willing to adapt to changing roles and locations.
- Utility Support Coordinators may begin the summer temporarily assigned to a specific community, however, at any point during the spring or summer, Utility Support Coordinators may be permanently placed with a team to fill an open position.
- Must be at least 18 years of age and one year post-high school or equivalent
- Actively pursuing a relationship with Christ
- Desire to serve the Church
- Able to relate to youth
- Model servant leadership
- Have a teachable spirit
- Flexible, go-with-the-flow mentality
- Self-starting work ethic
- Desire and ability to travel independently
- Well-rounded skill set
- Starting at $3,000 + up to $500 Signing Bonus + YouthWorks covers the cost of food, housing, and work related on transportation
- Internship Credit available (for most universities)
- $150 Bonus for qualified guitar, piano, or ukulele players who help facilitate worship on site*
Dates of Employment:
- The dates for summer employment are NOW-August 2nd, 2023 (Limited half summer terms may also be available).
- Staff must relocate to assigned community for the duration of the summer. YouthWorks will provides housing, food, and transportation costs while on site.
To Apply, please visit YouthWorks.Com/Summer-Staff