Principal Applications Developer
Come make a difference in the community and bring your rock star Technical skills to the ERP Financials and Procurement Solutions team as a Principal Applications Developer on the Financials and Procurement Solutions Technology and Development Team.
This one-year Term Limited Temporary (TLT) or Special Duty Assignment (SDA) is a rare opportunity to join the FPS team as a Principal Application Developer. We are looking for a highly experienced ERP technologist and developer. This person will have proven technical/functional knowledge and experience in the Oracle E-Business Suite financial system. Modules covered include Receivables, Order Management, Cash Management, Advanced Collections, Accounts Payable, Purchasing, iProcurement, Inventory, Expense, General Ledger, Fixed Assets, shared HR, and Projects/Grants. Oracle Cloud Applications (ERP/CX/HCM), Groovy scripting, Oracle OIC/MFT/SOA/API Management & API’s, SAP Concur integrations, and new technologies (AI, Machine Learning, RPA, IaaS/PaaS, IAM) experience is a plus.
About the Financials and Procurement Solutions (FPS) Team:
The FPS Team is a part of the Business Resource Center (BRC) within King County's Department of Executive Services. The BRC is an independent agency chartered with enabling business value through the enablement of integrated systemic solutions and the support of those solutions. The BRC manages the County's ERP applications, including Oracle EBS R12, Oracle Cloud Applications, SAP Concur, Oracle Business Intelligence, PeopleSoft, and Oracle Planning and Budgeting Cloud Services.
The BRC embraces Lean, Shingo House, continuous improvement, best practices, empowers innovation, and strives for second-to-none customer service.
BRC's Core Values are Customer Service, Collaboration, Respect, Honesty & Integrity, Innovation, and Excellence.
BRC's Goals are to Advance Organizational Maturity, Deliver Customer Value, Optimize Systems and Processes, Foster Employee Engagement, Empowerment, and Expertise, and Exercise Financial Stewardship.
The FPS Team is chartered with enabling and supporting the many Agencies and Business Partners across King County. We strive to effectively partner with all of our customers on value-driven process improvements and initiatives, partner with our BRC counterparts on cross-functional or joint initiatives and support the County’s Financials and Procurement ERP systems, solutions, and ongoing operations.
We are currently running Oracle EBS 12.2.7 on-premises and plan to stay as current as possible. Our long-term strategy includes planning and preparation for migration of all processes supported by EBS into Cloud applications.
SCOPE OF JOB DUTIES – To be considered minimally qualified, applicants must demonstrate a background that provides the knowledge, skills, and ability to:
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with our internal team, customers, business partners, and King County agency stakeholders to define, design, and deliver solutions utilizing EBS/Cloud Applications and interface capabilities to better enable business operations and enhance the user experience with the support of the ERP Financials and Procurement systems.
- Leadership Skills to share knowledge, support/mentor others, independently resolve conflict, and lead team(s) on small to medium-sized initiatives and lead stakeholder meetings.
- Provide technical/functional expertise for system and user support for EBS/Cloud Applications and interfaces; research, analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve open issues; log and monitor Oracle Service Requests.
- Create and maintain the solution/system and operational documentation, including configuration documentation, functional/technical specifications, user education/training material, business process, procedure documentation, process flows, troubleshooting/support documentation, and test scenarios and scripts.
- Facilitate groups in defining business/system requirements, proposal alternatives to system customization options; the design of solutions for application modifications, interfaces, education, training, and change management activities.
- Conduct thorough unit/technical/functional testing and coordinate User Acceptance Testing and issue resolution while following standard SDLC methodologies. Analyze technology trends, identify issues, and propose recommendations based on the impact of new and emerging technology or modification to existing solutions.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR CANDIDATES WHO
- Have a strong background in technical/functional or business analytical support of an extensive complex ERP (such as Oracle EBS, Oracle Cloud Applications (ERP/CX/HCM) and Integrations (Oracle OIC/MFT/SOA), and/or SAP Concur), workflow analysis, business systems design, and process re-engineering.
- Have strong knowledge and hands on experience on Lean/Agile Methodologies, SDLC, standard support processes and systems, project methodologies. Technical Skills: Shell Scripting, SQL, PL/SQL, OAF, SOA Middleware, Webservices (REST/SOAP), BPEL, Forms, Reports, Workflow (AME), JDeveloper (EBS/SOA), XML/BI Publisher and other Oracle EBS/Cloud Applications and Integration specific skills.
- Have the ability to quickly learn governmental processes and solutioning, to independently design solutions with minimal customizations and support the development of the technical strategy in migration to the Cloud.
- Are self-driven and reliable, demonstrating initiative to work under pressure to meet deadlines, with attention to detail and minimal direction.
- Continually expand their knowledge and use creativity and problem-solving skills to identify and troubleshoot system issues proactively.
- Have proven interpersonal skills with a customer focus, maintaining professional working relationships with team members, business partners, and agency staff.
- Balance a strong work ethic with a positive attitude and sense of humor!
Why King County's Business Resource Center (BRC) is a great place to work!
King County offers great benefits, to include a pension, bank holidays, transit pass, and training and education opportunities to promote growth and equity, and social justice.
Our focus is to provide our employees with work-life balance
- Competitive healthcare plans
- Flexible work environment
- Free Orca Card allowing multiple transportation options to/from the office
- On-Site exercise facilities and bike storage
- Leadership Support and structured employee assistance program
- Paid vacation time (in addition to paid holidays)
- Paid sick leave
- Deferred compensation plan
- Employer Contributions to state pension plan
- Ten paid holidays and Two Additional personal holidays
- Downtown with tons of great lunch spots within walking distance
What people have said about working in the Business Resource Center.
"The Business Resource Center provides an environment with highly diverse work groups and business partners, offering opportunities for professional growth and challenges, learning new skills and the latest technology and applications."
"Employee ideas and contributions are highly valued and supported by supervisors and managers, and employees are able to offer solutions to issues that can be brought before business partners and stakeholders."
"Employees have the freedom to manage their own workload, which is both challenging and rewarding. Work involves not only resolving issues and finding the root cause of problems, but also interacting directly with business partners and experiencing the positive feedback of their appreciation."
"The job is constantly evolving, providing new professional challenges and opportunities for growth, and this comes with a supportive environment with others around you who are rooting for your success as much as their own."
While this role is mostly remote, when you do go to the office, we have office space in the heart of downtown Seattle in the Chinook building. There are hundreds of great lunch spots and transit options within walking distance.
Living in Seattle Washington
The successful candidate will be required to pass a thorough background and reference check.
This position is represented by PTE L17-Information Technology
Forbes named King County as one of Washington State's best employers.
Together, with leadership and our employees, we're changing the way government delivers service and winning national recognition as a model of excellence. Are you ready to make a difference? Come join the team dedicated to serving one of the nation's best places to live, work and play.
Guided by our "True North", we are making King County a welcoming community where every person can thrive. We value diversity, inclusion and belonging in our workplace and workforce. To reach this goal we are committed to workforce equity. Equitable recruiting, support, and retention is how we will obtain the highest quality workforce in our region; a workforce that shares and will help advance our guiding principles - we are one team; we solve problems; we focus on the customer; we drive for results; we are racially just; we respect all people; we lead the way; and we are responsible stewards. We encourage people of all backgrounds and identities to apply, including Native American and people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQ+, people living with disabilities, and veterans.
King County is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer
No person is unlawfully excluded from employment opportunities based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation and pregnancy), age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other protected class. Our EEO policy applies to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, selection for training, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Are you ready to apply?
This exciting opportunity to join County government is open to all qualified candidates.
A completed King County Application is required. We highly recommend that you also provide a cover letter and resume.
If you have any questions, please contact Jen Irwin, Talent Management Supervisor, by e-mail at email@example.com, or by phone at 206-263-0601. Connect with Jen on LinkedIn.