Junior Consultant in Strategy & Data Science
Junior Consultant in Strategy & Data Sc
New York Office
Ekimetrics is the European leader in data science with +240 data scientists and +1,000 projects since 2006.
Thanks to our global presence in Paris, London, NY, HK, we lead projects in +50 countries in all industries (automotive, financial services, retail, telecom, health, etc.).
We help companies steer their data opportunity, build data capabilities, and deploy actionable solutions, to power up marketing and operational performance, as well as (re)energizing business models.
Our primary focus is to deliver immediate business gains, while guaranteeing sustainable data capital for our clients.
We are committed to the most advanced data science, and to building fair and conscious data & AI practices.
14 years experience in Data Science
+240 consultants, all are also data scientists
4 offices in Paris, London, New York & Hong Kong
+350 clients (CAC40, Fortune500)
+$1Bn profit generated for our clients since our creation
+1,000 Data Science clients projects
As a Junior Consultant you will work with international blue-chip clients across diverse industries.
As both a data scientist and consultant, you will use and develop advanced data analytics and consulting skills on your projects.
From day one, you will join a team of three to six consultants and collaborate on one to three projects simultaneously.
From discovery meetings to final recommendations, responsibilities include: gathering and analyzing data, building statistical models, translating quantitative insights into strategic recommendations, and delivering the final results. The projects will push you to create innovative approaches as an owner of your projects. You’ll present your results directly to C-suite clients and business executives.
Our close-knit team will guide your growth to build expertise on best-practice methodologies and industry knowledge, working directly with Ekimetrics partners. Each member of our team takes a vested interest in the development of your technical skills and business acumen. Our team members continuously learn and grow through 70+ proprietary training sessions and collaboration with colleagues as coaches and mentors.
Finally, the opportunity to work for a growing, international pioneer in data science, will empower you to have an immediate impact by contributing to our passionate team.
1. Data Analysis and Model Construction
- Utilize advanced statistical techniques and best data practices to help the team progress through project work
- Develop a logical story combining data and industry knowledge to share actionable insights that will drive our clients' businesses
2. Strategic Partnerships with Clients
- Liaise daily with clients to develop a deep understanding of their business context and experience
- Deliver findings and battle plans with excellence and confidence
- Provide ad-hoc analyses that further develop projects and client relationships by parameterizing the business questions
3. Ekimetrics Life
- Support our fast growth by contributing to local and global initiatives such as Knowledge Management, Recruitment, Culture, Gender Balance and Diversity teams, Pioneering Machine Learning/AI techniques for the office, etc.
- Though we have a beautiful office in Manhattan, our consultants are currently working remotely! Our NY team has quickly adapted by leading initiatives to both improve the working from home experience and continuing to support each other through this unprecedented time.
We are looking for a talented, dual-profile consultant.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Statistics, Economics, Engineering or a related analytical field. Outstanding record of academic achievement.
- 0-2 years of experience in Data Analysis / Modeling / Advanced Analytics
- Passion for data, extensive knowledge in statistics or applied mathematics
- Familiarity with modeling / optimization techniques
- Experience in using advanced analytical methodologies to answer business questions
- Experience with statistical software such as SPSS, R, Stata, Python, etc.
- Consulting experience or interest in working as a consultant
- Strong interest in marketing & business issues
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team setting
- Self-driven and motivated to thrive in a fast-pace environment
- Continuously striving for high performance
- Spanish-speaking is a plus
What we Offer:
- Competitive compensation package, including medical, dental, and vision, in a management consultancy business
- An emphasis on work-life-balance and generous PTO
- Dynamic environment with a strong culture and great offices
- Close-knit team with friendly environment, bi-monthly team events and more
- Creative and entrepreneurial start-up environment with vertical mobility
- Best-in-class methodologies and cutting edge technologies
- Unique training package with 70+ sessions
- Growth to develop a double profile in data science and strategic consulting
- Client exposure up to the executive level
- Opportunities for international mobility
Position Type: Permanent
- Ekimetrics is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.