2024 Summer - Business Intelligence Engineering Intern
When can you expect to hear back?
We like to attend all career fairs and recruitment events before closing our positions. That means, this position may be open without response for a couple of weeks to give us time to wrap up the recruitment season. Please see our tentative timeline below so you know when to expect to hear back from us!
- All postings close: September 24, 2023 at 11:59 CT
- Interviews: Early October
- Offers: By end of October
2024 Start Dates:
This position will start in the summer and could have the opportunity to continue into the fall. Please see our start dates below.
Spring Internships: Monday, January 8, 2024
- 20/hours per week max (flexible around your class schedule)
Summer Internships: Monday, May 20, 2024
- 40/hours per week max
The Business Intelligence Analyst Intern acts as an ad hoc Data Analyst, reviewing and answering questions regarding a variety of information. Assists with building visualization and research tooling and reporting.
- Work with existing metrics, reports, dashboards, and BI processes to support ongoing, customer success and improvements
- Research, and answer questions from internal team members regarding internal and public data
- Provides graphical, tabular, and textual reports to the end user
- Assists with building data infrastructure to supported automated reporting of disparate data sources
- Assists with building static and interactive dashboards and web apps to support research
What You'll Need
- Statistical knowledge with the ability to participate in data analysis
- Database skills including SQL queries
- Attention to detail
- R or Python programming language skills preferred
- Ability to extract, model and review data, and present to end users
- Experience with planning, organizing, and multi-tasking
- Ability to research market information using internal and external data sources
- Ability to learn XBRL specifications and concepts
- Familiarity with cloud solutions (AWS, GCP)
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree or higher in statistics, math, computer science, physics, electrical engineering or equivalent required
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
- Reliable internet access for any period of time working remotely, not in a Workiva office.
How You’ll Be Rewarded:
- Salary range in the US:
$40.00 - $40.00
- 401(k) participation and match
- Paid sick leave
- A unique opportunity to further your learning experience through additional internship seasons
Where You’ll Work
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
Trust: Rely on each other.
Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.
At Workiva, You’ll Enjoy:
Intern Environment: Workiva was ranked a top 100 internship program by WayUp and ranked #20 in Best Places to Work for a reason! Our interns have the opportunity to participate in mentoring, professional development, networking, and flexible hours during their internship. We continually strive to provide numerous resources to build not just excellent interns, but excellent business professionals.
Real Work Experience: Workiva interns are treated as full-time employees and are allowed the freedom to contribute to real work that truly impacts Workiva and it’s operations. From writing code in our production environment to directly supporting our customers' on our newest platform, our interns play a vital role in our company!
Fantastic Perks: Being an intern at Workiva has benefits beyond just a paycheck. You can’t beat the wellness discounts, 401k participation and match, casual dress environment, paid sick leave and countless other perks that Workiva offers!
Involvement: Ability to participate in Business Employee Resource Groups (Black, Hispanic, Asian, Women, Rainbow (LGBTQIA+), Veterans, Disabilities), Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more
Opportunity at Workiva: At Workiva, we offer more than just a 12-15 week spring or summer program. 80% of our interns extend longer than just 1 semester with us to continue work on their projects. As long as you are enrolled in a degree seeking program, you could have the opportunity to be an intern at Workiva until you graduate!
Learn more about life at Workiva: [*https://www.linkedin.com/company/workiva/*]
Workiva is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We believe that great minds think differently. We value diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and interests, and we recognize diversity as an important source of intellectual thought, varied perspective, and innovation. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other protected characteristic. We strongly encourage and welcome people from historically marginalized groups to apply.
Workiva is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. To request assistance with the application process, please email EarlyCareer@Workiva.com.
Workiva supports employees in working where they work best - either from an office or remotely from any location within their country of employment.