Disney - Global Business Development Analyst
Are you passionate about Disney and the strategy behind our parks, experiences, and products? Do you want to play a role in creating and launching new businesses across the globe? Can you help our portfolio of best-in-class businesses continue to grow and innovate? Then join us in Global Development.
The Analyst role applies ingenuity, creativity, and analytical skills in identifying and evaluating strategic opportunities across the segment. Analysts are responsible for financial models, industry research, data analysis, crafting storylines, and presenting to leadership. You will collaborate with Sr. Analysts and Associates as well as work directly with Managers, Directors, and VPs.
Global Development is the in-house strategic consulting and business development group that supports Disney Parks, Experiences, and Products. We are charged with assessing near- and long-term growth opportunities that maximize value for the entire segment. The team’s work spans across all geographies and business units, both physical and digital. The team is highly visible in the organization with regular exposure to senior executives at The Walt Disney Company.
- Build financial models to evaluate demand, financial returns, and tradeoffs
- Analyze data and industry research to support models and storylines
- Help develop and deliver presentations for senior management throughout the Company
- Contribute critical thinking by interpreting outputs and considering implications
- Pitch new business ideas regularly to be considered by management
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Imagineering, Marketing / Consumer Insights, Revenue Management, and Finance to execute work plans
- Potential for some travel to international sites
- Completion of undergraduate studies (as of summer 2024)
- Analytical and data-driven critical thinking skills
- Ability to collaborate with a cross-functional group
- Self-starter attitude with ability to succeed in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Experience in quantitative analyses / financial modeling preferred
- Prior experience in investment banking, consulting, or other relevant field preferred
Interested candidates should submit a resume (including GPA and SAT scores). Cover letter and transcript are optional. For more information, please contact Catherine Areklett (email@example.com) and Bret Silverstein (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The hiring range for this position in California is $92,700 to $113,300 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.