Cloud Software Engineer
SLB is a global technology company, driving energy innovation for a balanced planet. We have over 90,000 employees spanning 170 nationalities working in over 120 different countries.
The Cloud Software Engineer has experience in programming with public clouds such as Google Cloud, Azure and AWS, and is familiar with the public key infrastructure and digital certificates. She/he has been as well exposed to industrial control system and to security implications. Successful Cloud Software Engineers are technical with excellent interpersonal skills. They work effectively with internal and external customers and have demonstrated leadership within professional associations. They have very effective verbal and written communication skills.
· Assist in identifying and organizing requirements and producing specifications.
· Build prototypes, products, and systems suitable for testing
· Set up and run lab simulations.
· Develop and execute unit tests to ensure and maintain source code quality.
· Share expertise throughout the organization and may provide user training for products.
· Identify and keep abreast of novel technical concepts and markets.
· May author technical reports, papers, articles, patents and presentations.
· BS/MS in Computer science or Engineering or equivalent.
· Programming experience with Python or Java.
· Experience in the following is a plus:
o Programming experience with public clouds such as Google Cloud, Azure and AWS
o User management, security and identity management
o Experience with OpenSource software such as Apache Hadoop ecosystems
o Linux administration and Linux scripts
o Basic networking
o Parallel file systems
SLB is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law. SLB is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.