Software Security Engineer
SLB is a global technology company, driving energy innovation for a balanced planet. We have over 90,000 employees spanning 170 nationalities working in over 120 different countries.
The Security Software Engineer builds prototypes, products and systems suitable for testing, and sets up and runs lab simulations. The engineer has secure coding (different from encryption) and mobile security experience, and a good understanding and knowledge of digital certificates, security space access control, fire walls, VPN and vulnerability management.
· Assist in identifying and organizing requirements as well as producing specifications.
· Design infrastructure and drive its implementation to protect company networks and systems.
· Provide security expertise and guidance to a diverse set of engineering and business teams.
· Conduct security reviews of core corporate and production infrastructure.
· Drive enterprise-focused security improvements to products and services.
· BS / MS / PhD in Computer Science or a related technical field.
· Programing experience in one or more general purpose languages.
· Experience with the following is a plus: attacks and mitigation methods, network protocols and secure network design, web application and browser security, authentication and access control.
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
· Ability to work independently and in a team of scientists and engineers.
SLB is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law. SLB is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.