Computational Software Engineer
SLB is a global technology company, driving energy innovation for a balanced planet. We have over 90,000 employees spanning 170 nationalities working in over 120 different countries.
The Computational Software Engineer is responsible for numerical and analytical modeling, and translating the models into computer programs. Major duties include engineering modeling, translating models into software code, software development and programming, project planning and management, publishing industry articles and internal reports, analyzing experimental data, providing technical support to field operations personnel, collecting and analyzing field data, and interacting with clients and client presentations.
· Develop numerical and analytical models
· Develop engineering models based on laboratory and field data
· Develop and test computer code to implement models into software
· Write technical papers, reports, and software documentation
· MS / PhD in Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics or a related technical field.
· Numerical analysis and programming skills
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Ability to work independently and in a team of scientists and engineers
SLB is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law. SLB is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.