Senior Planning Analyst - JC-404505
Energy Division/ Electric Planning & Market Design Branch/ Integrated Resource Planning Section:
The Integrated Resource Planning (IRP) Section is seeking a senior planning analyst to provide program oversight and policy/technical analysis to support the state’s resource and infrastructure planning efforts, including providing a team lead role in the IRP process.
Under the direction of the Project and Program Supervisor, the analyst will advise and assist high-level decision-makers such as Commissioners, Judges, and Energy Division management. The analyst may act as a team leader and project coordinator and will prepare written reports and analyses on economic, policy and/or technical issues related to the state's integrated resource planning programs.
Specifically, the analyst’s duties and responsibilities could be the following:
- Conduct research and technical analyses on complex energy policy and energy market issues with moderate direction.
- Work to develop and refine parts of a complex regulatory proceeding in a team environment.
- Develop creative solutions to complex analytical problems while taking into consideration the market and policy implications.
- Manage a contract with consultants that provide technical support to the IRP process.
- Coordinate with analysts in other Energy Division sections and branches on policy, generation, and transmission-related issues.
- Develop expertise regarding the California energy markets, long-term energy resource planning, and the state’s transmission planning process.
- Organize and facilitate workshops and/or stakeholder meetings.
Projects assigned to this position will be subject to close attention from Commissioners, Administrative Law Judges, and executive management; as well as the media, the Legislature, and other agencies due to the complexity, statewide impact, monetary scope, and level of policy development involved.