Data Science Intern (Summer 2024)
This is a Summer 2024 internship starting in June 2024.
The ideal candidate would be graduate level student majoring in data science, computer science, operations research, management information systems or a related area.
This position will be domiciled in Pittsburgh, PA.
The intern Will be working on Machine Learning model implemented in Python, to be able to tune and improve accuracy of forecast. The intern will also research and implement new approaches to solve some areas of the model to improve accuracy.
• Self-starter with high attention to detail and analytical skills
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Seeking opportunity to get hands-on experience in a Corporate Finance role; gain better understanding of financial planning, forecasting, and key metric reporting
• Supporting key FP&A processes with exposure to several business areas in the FXG organization
• Process improvement – identifying opportunities to improve tools, templates, and processes that support Finance’s role across the business
• Data analysis – ability to organize and analyze data to provide meaningful insights to help drive performance and achieve business objectives
• Communication & Reporting – effective use of reporting and analytics tools to prepare materials for business reviews
Pay Range: $25.00/hour - $27.00/hour
Performs activities related to his/her field of study while obtaining experience working in a corporate environment. Participates in various networking and/or community service events.
• Supports and plans work on small projects with direction from management. • Assists management and other department personnel to support larger projects (e.g., managing project schedule and status reporting). • May assume the duties normally performed in the department, alongside professionals who perform these roles. • Works with various departments and/or vendors to gather information needed for various projects. • Presents project results to management and/or department personnel. • Performs analytical work within the assigned functional area. • Conducts research using the internet and other sources of information. • Creates or updates systems or databases for specific department needs.
• One (1) year of education at an accredited college, university or technical school (must be currently enrolled).
• None required.
Required Skills, Abilities and / or Licensure
• Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office software and web-based applications. • Knowledge of AutoCAD software may be required for some positions. • Verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with all levels of management. • Time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills necessary to work in a fast-paced environment, handling various tasks and changing priorities, while maintaining a high attention to detail and accuracy to achieve daily assignments and goals. • Ability to analyze, review, and make recommendations.
FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse workforce