The Hennepin Healthcare Research Institute (HHRI) is seeking an experienced Data Analyst to join our Department of Surgery's research team.
This is a hybrid role requiring a periodic onsite presence in downtown Minneapolis, MN
The Analyst will be instrumental in supporting and advancing surgical research through the expert management and analysis of data. The Data Analyst will link, clean and manage data from multiple networked studies, undertake complex statistical analysis and report and visualize results. The candidate will work closely with surgeons, residents, and research coordinates to optimize our research efforts, from data collection and management to interpretation and presentation. The Analyst will play a crucial role in fostering a culture of evidence-based practice within the Department of Surgery and driving the success of our research endeavors.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Under the direction of the Principal Investigator, work closely with HCMC/HHRI investigators to clarify clinical research questions and data elements needed to guide data needs for research projects
- Fulfill data and analysis requests using R, STATA, or similar statistical packages
- Contribute to study planning, including research design
- Transform raw data into study datasets using R
- Render tables, graphs and other data visualizations for presentation
- Conduct basic statistical analyses, including significance testing
- Successfully manage relationships with external study sponsors and analysts
- Work effectively within multidisciplinary teams
NON-ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Collaborate with researchers on projects related to violence prevention
- Participate in production of academic publications
Typical skills include a Bachelor's degree in Statistics and at least 2+ years of applicable experience. Any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge and skills is qualifying.
Skill, Knowledge & Ability (SKA):
Requires interaction with a diverse population. Must have advanced skills in statistical computing with R and/or STATA, RedCAP, geospatial mapping software, and geospatial statistics. Must display high standards of attendance, punctuality, maintains confidentiality, and manages time effectively.
- Experience with data management including cleaning raw data files, preparing datasets for analysis, and performing quality assurance
- Experience conducting analyses for research, public health surveillance, or similar
- Experience with RedCAP building and reporting
- Experience with GIS analysis and spatial statistics
- Advanced experience/proficiency in transforming and analyzing data using R and/or STATA
- Understanding of common statistical techniques, including significance testing and regression analysis
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience using data in healthcare, public health, or public sector settings
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Experience in research design
- Experience working in a healthcare-related setting
- Preference given to those with prior work in violence prevention research.
- Advanced degree or 5+ years relevant experience
- Some experience with qualitative analysis would be beneficial, but not required.
AA/EOE of Minorities, Women, Disabilities, Veterans