Capital Projects Engineering Intern
Vanguard's Global Workforce Experience (GWx) team touches the lives of every Vanguard employee every day. As a Capital Projects Engineering Intern you will learn about how corporate offices function on a day-to-day basis.
In this internship you will:
- Gain a thorough understanding of how the buildings operate by field surveys, building automation systems and review of mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire-protection drawings.
- Design process including reviews and total cost of ownership driving scope decisions.
- Support construction progress walks for QA/QC and owner acceptance.
- Manage the project process and the fundamentals to projects (Scope schedule and budget).
- Project budget management including descoping bids, reviewing change orders invoicing and projecting cashflow.
- Present ideas and collaborate with staff.
What it takes:
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, construction management, facilities management, or similar degree programs
- Proven research and organizational skills
- Familiarity with relevant computer programs including Microsoft Office suite
- Familiarity with Equipment Sequence of Operations
- Familiarity with Building Automation or Smart Buildings
- Must be local to our Malvern, PA campus
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
We are Vanguard. Together, we’re changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn’t just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose – and that’s how we’ve become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let’s make it count.
Vanguard’s continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: “Do the right thing.”
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard’s core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
How We Work
Vanguard has implemented a hybrid working model for the majority of our crew members, designed to capture the benefits of enhanced flexibility while enabling in-person learning, collaboration, and connection. We believe our mission-driven and highly collaborative culture is a critical enabler to support long-term client outcomes and enrich the employee experience.