Farm Service Agency - Student Trainee (Administration) Incentives May Be Authorized
RECRUITMENT & RELOCATION INCENTIVES MAY BE OFFERED
Locations will be Negotiable: Applicants interested in locations not specifically listed on the announcement are encouraged to communicate/negotiate location availability during the interview stage.
Pathways Student Internship Authority is designed to provide students enrolled in a variety of educational institutions, from high school to graduate level, with paid work opportunities in federal agencies while in school.
Student Trainees will perform the following duties under direct supervision. Assignments will be developmental in nature and will assist the employee in gaining the competencies necessary for a career.
Students who are currently enrolled or accepted for enrollment on at least a half-time basis at a qualifying educational institution in a certificate, degree, or diploma program with a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale are eligible to apply for these internship opportunities. Students must also be planning for or pursuing a certificate or degree in, or related to, the internship opportunity being advertised.
- Assists in performing routine office and technical work to support the administration or operation of the programs of the assigned division. Assists division members with a variety of special projects pertinent to the assigned division.
- Works with MS Access database or Excel spreadsheets to include data entry, editing and creation of reports, and monitoring and tracking of activities and efforts.
- Assembles power point presentation packages for use in division briefings.
- Types and prepares documents in MS Word that may be of use to the division.
- May assist division members with a variety of special projects pertinent to the assigned division.
*Candidates selected from this announcement may be eligible for non-competitive conversion to a permanent position in the competitive service, provided that all terms of the Internship Program are met and there is an available position. Conversion is not mandatory or guaranteed and is at agency discretion.
**Recruitment Incentives may be offered.
***Student Loan Repayment Program (SLRP) may be authorized upon meeting Pathways conversion eligibility requirements, if SLRP policy requirements are met and as Agency funding allows.